TERMS & CONDITIONS
Maquillage Makeup Academy Courses, Fees, Registration, and Refunds
1. In the event of a student failing to attend the confirmed course, or complete the course for any reason other than the unlikely event that the course is cancelled by Maquillage Makeup Academy, (for example: personal problems, illness, change of mind, relocation, pregnancy, illness or death in the family, change in personal circumstances, failure to obtain a visa or a loan etc.) no refunds of fees or deposits will be made and no entitlement to a later-date course will be granted.
2. Deposits are non-refundable but will be credited against the course fee. If you cancel your registration less than 30 days prior to the start date, no deposit will be refunded.
3. The balance of the full course fee should be paid to the Administrator no less than 30 days prior to the commencement date. Failure to pay the balance by the due date will result in the deposit being forfeited.
4. Upon notification of the commencement date, no variation in the course date will be permitted without full payment of any outstanding balance and at least one month’s written notice being received by the Administrator, who reserves the right to change and confirm another date – subject to availability. The applicant can make only one change of date.
5. All fees quoted are including State Sales Tax at the current rate. All fees must be received by Maquillage Makeup Academy without deduction; therefore any overseas/US bank charges will automatically be added to the final balance payable. Educational courses are not exempt from the State Sales Tax nor can they be claimed back by overseas students.
6. A student is accepted for registration on and subject to the conditions that the student will attend on the date (the commencement date) and at the time specified in the confirmation letter, which will be sent to the student upon receipt of the completed application form together with the correct deposit.
7. Fees are not refundable if the course is interrupted or cancelled through an act of God or terrorist act.
8. Students will not be accepted on the commencement date unless full payment of fees has been made.
9. Course fees, deposits and other payments are non-transferable.
HOURS, ATTENDANCE, & ACHIEVEMENT
10. Students are required to attend on the first day of their course at the time stated on their confirmation letter. Failure to attend the first day of your course will preclude your from attending any further part of that course or module, and you will not be entitled to a refund of any fees paid or offered an alternative start date or course.
11. For assessment-based courses, you must have a minimum of 80% attendance for teaching in the classroom for each subject. Failure to meet this requirement will result in your expulsion from the school. For examination-based courses, you must have at least 80% attendance in the first 12 weeks of your course. Failure to meet this requirement will result in your expulsion from the school. In addition, if you miss more than 100 hours in total, you will not be registered for examination.
12. Classes will commence promptly at the published times, irrespective of whether all students are present. Classes will not be delayed to wait for latecomers, and teachers are not responsible for repeating work missed. Latecomers may be requested to wait until a suitable break in teaching before entering a class. Class hours can be varied at the discretion of the Administrator without prior notice.
13. Maquillage Makeup Academy will be closed on all US public holidays. If a public holiday falls during your course, extra days will be added to your course.
14. Paying for and/or fully attending a course do not guarantee a qualification, diploma, or certificate of achievement. Awards of achievement are gained by the successful fulfillment of the criteria set out by our Board of Educators. The decision of the Creative Director and Heads of Department are final in all cases.
15. Time off for official religious holidays, booked holidays, planned weddings, medical appointments etc. must be discussed and agreed before application. We recommend that all absences be avoided where possible.
16. Students making arrangements for payment of course fees through overseas banks must ensure that either the fees, or proof of payment from their bank, accompanies their application form. We advise students to mark requests to their banks for foreign exchange as ‘Priority’, being of an educational nature. Bank drafts should be directed to Maquillage The Makeup Academy 5752 Oberlin Drive, #214 San Diego CA 92121.
17. It is vitally important that the remitting bank quotes the full name of the attending student on the details of payment. All bank charges must be prepaid in order that Maquillage The Makeup Academy receives the amount in full.
18. When paying fees by a direct debit transfer of credit, you must send an application form by mail or fax to the School in advance. State the amount of the transfer clearly on the application form along with the bank details and / or reference number.
19. It is regretted that due to the possibility of copyright infringement, the use of video cameras is not permitted. Audio recording equipment may be permitted by specific arrangement.
20. Please refer to the ‘Dress Code” section of the Maquillage terms.
21. As all courses are of a continuous nature, no allowance for lateness or absenteeism will be made except with prior consent by the Creative Director and Heads of Department, who also reserve the right to dismiss any student giving justifiable cause for such action. Their decisions in all such matters will be deemed as final.
22. It is not the responsibility of Maquillage Makeup Academy or individual teachers to provide additional teaching hours for students to ‘catch up’ on education missed due to lateness or absenteeism for whatever reason.
23. All course contents, their elements, and fees, are subject to change without any prior notice to Students at the discretion of the Academy.
24. Employer’s guarantee – it is our continued policy in the case of any student who is employed or sponsored by any other organization, not to openly or directly solicit that student for the purposes of employment, while that student is attending Maquillage Makeup Academy.
25. English as a second language (ESL) Instructions: Maquillage Makeup Academy does not offer ESL instructions. Students must be able to read, speak, write, understand and communicate in English. All instructions are taught in English. Only International students will be permitted to record and have an electronic language dictionary for assistance.
26. These conditions form the main part of the contract between Maquillage Makeup Academy and the Student.
28. If any student behaves improperly on Maquillage Makeup Academy's premises, including any form of cheating during an assessment/exam, damages, or removal of any equipment belonging to the Academy, the Student will be asked to leave immediately.
29. Maquillage Makeup Academy will not share any of your details with third parties apart from the details required by the board for the purpose of registration and certification.
Maquillage Makeup Academy is a mature training environment and therefore we cannot accept students under the age of 18 years. Exceptions to this policy can be reviewed and might be approved if the student is 16 and older and have a parent consent. Also, student must maintain a perfect attendance record.
We recommend that you find out as much as possible about a course before enrolling. This may be achieved by communicating with our administrative team by telephone, or by having an informal ‘interview’ with one of our instructors. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have received satisfactory information prior to booking your course.
PUNCTUALITY AND ATTENDANCE
It is very important that students maintain good time keeping and attendance while training, as would be expected in the industry. Lecturers cannot be held responsible for information missed due to lateness or absence and are unable go back over subject matter already covered for individual students. Continued lateness will result in disciplinary action and will eventually lead to your expulsion from the course. Short and occasional periods of genuine sickness are the only acceptable reason for absence. However, prolonged or regular sickness will prevent you from completing your course satisfactorily. Some board members will not allow you to sit their examination if you have not achieved the correct level of attendance. For further information, please liaise directly with the Head of Department or the Creative Director.
In order to maintain a professional working environment, Maquillage Makeup Academy has rules and regulations that must be adhered to at all times by all students. Failure to comply with these policies will result in disciplinary action and continued disruptive behavior will eventually lead to expulsion from the Academy.
All course fees must be paid in full no less than 30 days before the course commencement date. We regret that, once paid, deposits for the courses cannot be refunded under any circumstances except in the unlikely event that the course is cancelled by the school. If you have to cancel your registration for any reason within 30 days prior to the commencement date, a full refund will be issued to you. If the Academy is not notified of your cancelation within that 30 day period, a refund cannot be provide. If you have to leave your course for any reason, you will not be entitled to a full or part refund of fees paid, nor will you be entitled to an alternative course.
All students must adhere to the dress code while on the Academy premises. Individual religious requirements must be discussed and agreed before application. Wear appropriate clothing with casual footwear, low –heel, flats, walking shoes, boots, moccasins and sandals. Do not wear distracting oversized jewelry. We recommend that all valuables be left at home to avoid loss. Attire do’s and don’ts will be reviewed by each student in class, signed, and dated. Mobile phones are not permitted during the makeup demos
We do not offer advice regarding accommodation and are unable to recommend any specific contacts at this time.
Please visit your nearest travel agent for further assistance.
Any overseas students wishing to open a bank account in the US will need to arrange this in advance from their home country. A reference or introduction letter from your own bank is generally required. We cannot give references to banks ourselves as we are not arranging accommodation.
STUDY VISAS WILL BE ACCEPTED SOON
Students from certain countries will require a study visa covering the duration of their course. You may need proof of enrollment/payment for your course. We can only write a letter once you’ve paid a minimum of 50% of your course fees. Please note: No refunds are given in the event of declined visas or cancelled, delayed, missed travel arrangements.